We're changing the way Wall Street moves money
MarketFactory provides direct market access to Forex exchanges, that power the largest market in the world. You'll be working with cutting edge technologies on high transaction systems. This is a technically challenging role in which you will tackle difficult problems, as top financial institutions globally rely on MarketFactory 24x6 to process transactions in microseconds that keep financial markets liquid. Our UK team is expanding over the next 12 months, therefore the successful Trading Operations Engineer will be expected to play an important role supporting this growth. Consequently, we are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Trading operations engineer, to join our London Trading Operations team.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical abilities across the IT operations stack (hardware, networking, middleware, database and applications). The ideal candidate will have a software development background with a passion for operations and drive to automate. Technical ownership of issues and ability to handle high pressure situations is mandatory as you will be called upon to troubleshoot and remediate production impacting incidents in real time.
Work every day with the smartest quants, traders and developers at top banks, hedge funds and asset managers -- our clients
- Frontline break/fix support for production and test trading application environments
- Take action on infrastructure, system and network alerts and remediate production issues
- Monitoring of infrastructure, systems and application availability and performance
- Deployment of applications to production, stage, and test environments
- Continuous improvement of system and application monitoring and automation
- Build, configure and maintain virtual Linux environments
- Inform management on the progress of incidents impacting production
- Contribute to our Knowledge Management methodology
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems and system administration
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Science or 3-5 years’ application support experience of large-scale systems and architectures
- Experience with scripting languages in Bash, Python, SQL
- Experience with infrastructure and system monitoring tools, such as Nagios, Data dog
- Application support and administration experience
- Experience in driving cross-functional issues between clients, support, and development to rapid conclusion
- Good understanding of core networking infrastructure concepts, including TCP/IP, LAN/WAN protocols and data-center architecture
- Knowledge of trading systems applications including FIX engines, market data protocols
- Experience of configuring and managing low-latency, high-availability trading systems
- Experience in how to automate annoying repetitive tasks
- Experience and familiarity with C++
- Experience of the following; Systems Infrastructure, Linux troubleshooting, VirtualBox, BGP, PPTP, MySQL, Python, Bash, Atlassian (Jira, Bamboo, Confluence, Service Desk).
- Concise in communication and temperament.